Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vicky DeAngelis's Needlepoint Blog

An interesting blog and tidbit about the JQ from our needlepointing friend Vicky DeAngelis's blog Mostly Needlepoint:
My trip to the Joyful Quilter which is my sisters favorite shop, was quite interesting. “Quilt Camp” was going on which I learned is just like one of our needlepoint retreats with a cute name… except that these ladies will sew till midnight! are they out of their minds or what? Quilters use the acronym “UFO’s” as needlepointers do, but I heard a new one! “PIGS” which is Projects in Grocery Sacs. I can honestly say I have allot of projects in bags, but can’t think of any in grocery sacs. I learned what a design wall is, which is a wall covered with batting and the quilts are layed out on the wall to check for design flaws, symmetry and flow. Brilliant!
Thanks Vicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment